You would be surprised how many people are not, but don’t worry, there is still time and Bluusky can help!
As we move towards the digital age, traditional analogue systems are being phased out. In the telecoms industry, this means the end of analogue networks and the shift to digital communication systems. The analogue switch off is a global effort to switch off analogue networks and move towards a more efficient and reliable voice communication system – Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP).
By 2025, many countries, the UK included, are planning to turn off their analogue networks, and companies need to start considering their options now.
If you have been living under a rock or are a bit of a technophobe, you might be wondering…
What is VoIP?
VoIP is a digital communication system that uses the internet to transmit voice data in real-time. It is a cost-effective and flexible solution that has been rapidly adopted by businesses worldwide. With VoIP, companies can enjoy better voice quality, increased functionality, and reduced costs.
Why switch to VoIP now?
The analogue switch off is coming (whether you like it or not), and businesses that fail to plan ahead risk disruption to their communication systems. Companies that rely on analogue networks will be left without a means of communication, resulting in lost business opportunities and reduced productivity.
The shift to VoIP is an excellent opportunity for businesses to future-proof their communication systems and avoid the risks associated with outdated analogue networks.
Here are some of the key benefits of switching to VoIP:
- Cost savings: VoIP is significantly cheaper than traditional analogue networks. Businesses can save up to 50% on their communication costs by using VoIP.
- Improved scalability: VoIP is highly scalable, making it ideal for businesses of all sizes. It allows companies to add or remove users as required, making it a cost-effective solution for growing businesses.
- Better voice quality: VoIP provides high-quality voice communication, with clear and uninterrupted audio. This makes it an ideal solution for businesses that rely on voice communication, such as call centres.
- Increased functionality: VoIP offers a range of features that are not available with analogue networks. These include call forwarding, voicemail, video conferencing, and more. This gives businesses greater flexibility and functionality, improving productivity and collaboration.
- Remote working: With VoIP, employees can work from anywhere with an internet connection. This is particularly useful for businesses with remote workers or those that need to work from home.
How to switch to VoIP?
Switching to VoIP is a straightforward process that can be done in a few easy steps. Here are the key steps involved:
- Assess your needs: Start by assessing your communication needs and identifying the features and functionality that you require.
- Choose a provider: Research VoIP providers and choose one that offers the features and functionality that you need at a price that suits your budget.
- Select a plan: Choose a plan that suits your business needs. Plans typically offer a range of features, such as unlimited calling, video conferencing, call forwarding, and call recording.
- Install the equipment: VoIP requires a broadband internet connection and a VoIP phone or adapter. Your provider can supply the necessary equipment and assist with installation.
- Migrate your numbers: Once your VoIP system is set up, you can migrate your phone numbers to your new system.
- Train your staff: Finally, provide training to your staff on how to use the new system and the features and functionality that are available.
- A better way: You could just let us handle it all for you and it won’t cost you any extra.
The analogue switch off is coming, and businesses that fail to plan ahead risk disruption to their communication systems. By switching to VoIP, companies can future-proof their communication systems and enjoy cost savings, improved scalability, better voice quality, increased functionality, and remote working capabilities.
The process of switching to VoIP is straightforward, and businesses should start planning their migration now to avoid the risks associated with outdated analogue networks.
There is still time to sort this out, but there is no reason to delay, get a more flexible cost effective phone system today.
Contact Bluusky to get more information, or call us on 01332 799716.